TSR and HERITAGE
- Tactical Studies Rules (TSR), publisher of the popular Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game, launched its Minigame line with the release of four games in 1981.
- The Minigames were about the same size as the Metagaming MicroGames but were sold in clear plastic boxes.
- These were the first microgames to include full-sized dice.
- Four more Minigames were released in 1982 for a total of eight in the series.
- Heritage USA also jumped on the microgame bandwagon in 1981 with a series of small boxed games.
- These games were released through the Dwarfstar Games division of Heritage.
- There were eight microgames released through Dwarfstar, four in 1981 and four in 1982.
- You can download authorized copies of six of the Heritage Dwarfstar games at http://dwarfstar.brainiac.com.
E-mail The Maverick
All contents of The Maverick's Home Page copyright © 1998-2004 by Joseph Scoleri III