SPI and THE CHAOSIUM
- Simulations Publications, Inc. (SPI) became the first major publisher to go head-to-head with Metagaming's MicroGames by releasing six small format Capsule fantasy/science-fiction games in the middle of 1979.
- There were two fantasy oriented Magic Capsule games and four science-fiction based Space Capsule games.
- These digest-sized games came in a plastic bag with an adhesive flap. The games were packaged folio style although sometimes the cover would unfold to reveal the mapsheet.
- In 1975, SPI had released a similarly packaged series of folio wargames as the Moment in Conflict series. Another wave of Moment in Conflict games was released in 1979.
- Demons and Death Maze were also sold as boxed games.
- The Creature that Ate Sheboygan was also sold as a boxed game.
- World War I was also the magazine game in Strategy and Tactics issue 51.
- The Chaosium released two humorous digest-sized microgames. Stomp! came out in 1978 followed by Panzer Pranks in 1980.
E-mail The Maverick
All contents of The Maverick's Home Page copyright © 1998-2002 by Joseph Scoleri III